Michigan Chapter North American Lake Management Society
The 2nd Annual Virtual HAB Symposium will take place January 6-7th, 2022 and will feature emergent HAB research and provide a venue for moderated discussions regarding HAB research, outreach, and how information dissemination can be improved. Over 890 educators and researchers from across the US tuned into the 2021 Symposium and we expect another great turn out in 2022.
The Symposium planning committee is seeking science-based presentation abstracts that address HABs in the North Central Region of the United States. Accepted presentation abstracts must address at least one of the following topic areas: - Human Health and HABs - Animal Health and HABs - Monitoring, Identifying, and Ecology of HABs - Preventing and Treating HABsApplications are due Friday, August 27th at 11:59PM CT. Abstract submittals and details are available here.
2021 MGLP Lake Conservation Webinars
- The Michigan Glacial Lakes Partnership (MGLP) announces its 2021 Lake Conservation Webinars. These free webinars address a diversity of lake and fish habitat management issues from wakeboats to watersheds, from Ogaa (Walleye) management to social marketing, and from algae research to limnology from space. You can see the full lineup as well as archives of past webinars at the MGLP Lake Conservation Webinars webpage. Upcoming webinars for summer are listed below. All webinars begin at 2:00 pm Eastern Daylight Time.
- August 10 - Barrier Removal and Aquatic Organism Passage in Lake Systems - Dr. Jessica Collier, Fish & Wildlife Biologist, USFWS Green Bay Fish & Wildlife Conservation Office
- September 7, The forgotten seasons: non-summer algal dynamics - Dr. Rebecca North, Assistant Professor, University of Missouri
Lunch and Learn Program Presentations
Managing Fish Habitat in a Changing Climate
Pete Jacobson, Minnesota Department of Natural Resources Protecting Coldwater Fish from Climate Change
Shoreland Stewards Program Releases Videos
Conservation Planner Tool Provides Lake Data for Great Lakes Region
Great Lakes Conference 2020 Presentations Available
Upcoming Board Meetings - 2021
- Wednesday, July 28 (Zoom)
- Wednesday, November 3 (Location, TBA)
- All meetings are open to members. Please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org if you plan to attend and you will be sent a link to the Zoom meeting room. Meetings begin at 10:00 am